Dentist Oral Healthcare
We at Yohfeed, make best possible efforts to educate the public. Dentist Oral Healthcare
Today, we have Dr. Karuna Sodhi, a dentist to enlighten and spread awareness on oral healthcare. We often tend to neglect basic Oral Hygiene.
This leads to many problems which are painful, require long treatment time and are heavy on the pocket. We all have heard the famous saying, “Prevention is better than cure”. So, today let’s have a look at some steps towards prevention. Oral health is essential to general health and quality of life. Oral hygiene plays the key role towards the prevention of all forms of oral diseases.
Let’s have a look at risk factor. Risk factors for oral diseases include poor oral hygiene, unhealthy diet and tobacco or alcohol consumption. We pay close attention to your hair, face, dress, and body, but teeth, smile, and dental care often get ignored. A healthy mouth starts before you see a dentist, it begins right at home.
Daily preventive care and the basic oral hygiene include Brushing, Flossing, Using Mouthwash and Tongue cleaning. Along with this, you should visit the dentist twice a year i.e. every 6 months. In between regular visits to the dentist is a must. These simple steps help you to avoid the developing decay, gum disease, and other problems.
.You should Brush thoroughly twice a day, using proper technique.
- Floss between the teeth, at least once daily to remove food debris.
- Try to Rinse with mouthwash on a regular basis.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste and change your brush after every 3-4 months.
- Use Fluoridated water or any fluoride supplement for children below 12 years, if you live in the non-fluoridated area.
- Do not use any tobacco product. If you smoke, quit.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals.
All these steps will help you to maintain good oral health.