Dengue fever is also known as Break-Bone Fever. It is a most common mosquito-borne disease caused by Dengue Virus.
1. High fever (104ºF) along with any two symptoms:
2. A severe headache
3. Pain behind eyes
4. Nausea and vomiting
5. Swollen glands
7. Muscle and joint pain
(Symptoms last for 2-7 days)
1. Eliminate all mosquito breeding sites & prevent water-logging in surroundings.
2. Wear full sleeved clothes.
3. Use mosquito repellants like cream, coil and mats.
4. Prevent entry of mosquitoes by installing screens on the window.
5. Remove water from coolers & other small containers at least once a week.
6. Use aerosols during the daytime.
7. Create awareness in your locality.
1. Do not accumulate water tanks, tubes, plastic containers, etc. as they act
as breeding sites for mosquitoes.
2. Do not wear short sleeved clothes.
3. Do not keep water containers open.
4. Do not self-medicate.