Most people these days are crazily hooked to their smartphones. Whether it is for work purpose or solely for entertainment purpose, nobody pays a heed of what’s going on around them. They can even get struck by a bus but still not let go off their phones, so it seems!
Being phone addicts can be a very bad thing for your societal presence as you miss out on so many things such as:
- Paying no attention to your family and important communication at the dinner table
- Missing out on the fun and dancing and networking at parties
- Missing out on various topics discussed and catching up on the lives of your closed ones
- Simple getting an essence and vibe of the beautiful aesthetics of a certain place you may have visited
And the list goes on….
So, how to stop being so naïve and start staying away from our phones?
Here are a few ways to do that:
- Turn off your phone notifications when you are at a party or socializing with your close friends and family to avoid any kind of unnecessary distraction
Stop scrolling down Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat at even the tiniest hints of boredom that you feel and instead try to utilize that moment in feeling the aesthetic of your surroundings and taking it all in.
Prioritize your calls, texts and emails- and only if necessary or very urgent is when you attend to them. Make sure you are available when required but do not over do it.
- Do not always make the pretext of every conversation about a friend you are texting or an important mail from your office, etc. Talk about your real life problems instead.
- Know how to pay undivided attention as well as divide your time. When an important call or message comes know how to excuse yourself but not get completely involved in it. Learn how to multi-task and be in two places at the same time.